29. Calvin Freemont HAMMOND
(9)(17) was born on 10 Sep 1827
in Springfield, Essex, NJ. He died on 3 May 1906.
(18) He was buried in Union Corners Cemetery, Java, Wyoming, NY.
(14) Hist. Wyoming - 1963 - Union Corners
Cemetery is located on the town line between Java and Wetherfield, Lot #7, Range
3, and is immediately south of the North Java to Wethersfield Springs highway.
The gravestone inscriptions were copied in 1951 at a time when the grounds were
overgrown and it is probable that burials were overlooked. In other cases the
condition of the stones was such as to make a record impossible. Calvin was
the proprietor of the Sodom Saw Mill. In 1853 he settled in Wethersfield and
1874 in North Wethersfield. His principal occupation was that of a joiner.
In 1903 he was living Perry.
He was married to Reaville C. PUTNAM (daughter of
Henry PUTNAM and UNKNOWN) on 24 Dec 1850.
(13) Reaville C. PUTNAM
(17) was born about 1832 in NY.(19)
She died on 21 Jul 1893 in Norwich, NY.
(20) She was buried in Union Corners Cemetery, Java, Wyoming, NY.
(14) She was from the town of Orangeville.
Calvin Freemont HAMMOND and Reaville C. PUTNAM had the following children: